MOLTEN CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKE
[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″ admin_label=”section”][et_pb_row admin_label=”row” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat” background_size=”initial”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Blog text about recipe with images” background_layout=”light” _builder_version=”3.0.83″]
IT’S HOLIDAYS SEASON, IT’S WINTER, AND IT’S ABSOLUTELY SEASON FOR CHOCOLATE. Molten Chocolate Cake or Chocolate Lava Cake is very simple cake yet so delightful confection in this season. It has been known and described as warm fudge cake like, soufflé like, pudding like, fondant cake like…it has all those characteristics and irresistible texture, flavor and taste all come together from this warm chocolate cake. It is every chocolate lover’s favorite.
Molten Chocolate Cake is very easy to make that all you need is only four basic ingredients; bittersweet chocolate, butter, egg and sugar, with a little flour or starch, and it takes only about 10-12 minutes for baking. You can easily make it at the last minute as a dinner dessert, and even you can make the batter a day before and refrigerate overnight. Also you can make the cake a couple days in advance and just heat up in the hot oven or microwave oven to warm up when you are ready to serve.
However the important key to make good Molten Chocolate Cake is you must use “good quality chocolate.” It makes the cake a big different and you will be very pleased. My recipe is straightforward, but you may also drop in a piece of flavored chocolate (e.g., milk, caramel, lavender, earl grey etc.) in center of the batter to makes your own creation. Let bake Molten Chocolate Lava Cake.
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”1_2″][et_pb_image show_in_lightbox=”off” url_new_window=”off” use_overlay=”off” animation=”off” sticky=”off” align=”left” force_fullwidth=”off” always_center_on_mobile=”on” _builder_version=”3.0.83″ src=”http://cocobeat.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/IMG_4082_1.jpg” show_bottom_space=”on” /][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”1_2″][et_pb_image admin_label=”Image 2″ show_in_lightbox=”off” url_new_window=”off” use_overlay=”off” animation=”off” sticky=”off” align=”left” force_fullwidth=”off” always_center_on_mobile=”on” _builder_version=”3.0.83″ src=”http://cocobeat.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/IMG_4093_1.jpg” show_bottom_space=”on” /][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][et_pb_row admin_label=”row” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat” background_size=”initial”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Recipe Card” background_layout=”light” _builder_version=”3.0.83″]
- 4 ounce (115g) bittersweet chocolate (60-70% cacao), preferably Valrhona Guanaja
- 1 stick (4 oz./115g) unsalted butter, chopped
- 3 ea. (150g) large eggs
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (45g) all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 vanilla bean, scrap out the seeds or ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230ºC). (Lower temperature to 425ºF (220ºC) if using a convection oven.) Butter and lightly flour four 6 ounce ramekins or 3x2-inch (7.5x5 cm) or round-cake pastry rings, tap out the excess flour or, make four 10x1.5-inch (25x4 cm) parchment paper strips and lightly grease on the paper with butter or cooking spray. Set ramekin or the round-cake pastry rings on a baking sheet lined with parchment or silicone mat.
- In a water-bath, over simmering water, melt the butter with the chocolate. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, vanilla and sugar until foamy about 2 minutes.
- Stir the chocolate mixture smooth and whisk it into the egg mixture along with the sifted flour.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared ramekins or round-pastry rings and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the sides of the cakes are firm but the centers are soft (Ramekin takes longer to cook). If using ramekins, let the cakes cool in the ramekins for 5 minutes, then cover each with an inverted dessert plate. Carefully turn each one over, let stand for a few seconds and then unmold. Serve immediately.
- Garnish with some fresh raspberries, mint leaves and powdered sugar if you wish.
- The batter can be refrigerated up to 3 days; bring to room temperature before baking. Baked molten chocolate cakes can also be made in advance, refrigerated or place in the freezer for weeks. If frozen, leave lava cakes to room temperature for an hour and microwave them for about 20-30 seconds or until warm and serve.